14.1.10

Tim Tam Love!!

Ahh!!! The joy of eating Tim Tams ... a pleasure I've not experienced (until now!) since leaving Australia 18 months ago ...

For those unfortunate enough to have never eaten a Tim Tam, the pleasure cannot truly be described ... but Tim Tams are the greatest chocolate biscuit ever created. Pity the bastards over here want to charge over four francs a pack!! I refuse to pay double for anything, but that means that sadly I've been without Tim Tams for far too long ... :/

Anyway, getting back to the joy: my mother-in-law arrived a coupla days back, with a pack of Tim Tams for me!! I have shared one with my Swiss son, much to his great delight, but other than that the whole pack is mine!!! To ensure this, it has been concealed in what I believe to be the perfect hiding place ... and to ensure it remains secret, I shall not mention the location here!! Spies & informers are everywhere, you know ...

What I really need now, though, is a good hot chocolate ... since while Tim Tams are fantastic alone, they need a hot caffeinated beverage to bring them to their full glory! I'm sure some of you are familiar with the concept: take a Tim Tam, bite off each end, dip one end into the drink, and then suck. It's a race to see how much you drink before you have to shove the molten remains of the biscuit into your mouth - and letting it collapse into sludge in your drink is just not done! Do that, and no more Tim Tams for you!

Bizarre, really, how even surrounded by all of the wonderful chocolate produced in Switzerland, I still find Tim Tams to be the greatest ... or it would be, if Tim Tams were not such fantastic things!! Just make sure they're fresh, though ... old & mistreated Tim Tams are nasty, and should be eaten only as an absolute last resort. Of course, this holds true of all chocolate snacks - although Tim Tams may be the only chocolate biscuit that is actually enhanced by being refrigerated, to give it a bit more crunch. Somehow, the chocolate is not adversely affected by such storage, provided it is not for more than a week - which is not a problem I've ever encountered at my house, anyway.

Tim Tams. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment